Friday, December 3, 2010

You'll shoot your eye out!

My father loves the movie Christmas story. I can remember watching that movie every Christmas season for as long as I can remember. My dad also instilled in my brother and I a healthy respect and thirst for guns. So, naturally when I was a young boy I wanted a BB gun just like Ralph on The Christmas Story. When I turned 8 my dreams came true and my dad bought Josh and I BB guns for Christmas. I was so excited and I went outside to shoot it. I set up a wooden board against the fence and took aim and FIRED!!!! Wouldn't you know it . . . that darned BB bounced back and hit me right underneath the left eye! Man it hurt! I can't remember if I ever told my parents. I'll be sure to let MY kids know that shooting against a flat hard surface is a bad idea, and I'll make them wear safety glasses, but I'll still buy them their BB gun!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, safety glasses, face mask, life vest, elbow pads, knee pads, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently Ralph's parents didn't tell him that either. So I guess it's the parents' fauilt that kids shoot their eyes out ;) I'm glad Jenny's got safety on the mind as far as guns go!

    ReplyDelete