Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jared vs Fat Lady

The UTA (Utah Transit Authority) bus stop was situated in front of my parents' house. It would take all sort of our neighbors to work and wherever they needed to go. Most were dressed in suits and ties or dresses. The stop in front of our house was a big getting on and off point. Most of the time it just became part of what went on in front of our house. Unnoticed and largely ignored. I have always liked playing with water. I would just take the hose as a child and see how far I could spray it. The bus presented a large, irresistible target.




During the summer heat the bus passengers would put the windows down, making my attack on the bus all the more effective. It would spray the bus as it came to a stop at the bus stop. All the passengers NOT getting off got hosed down. I was doing them a favor by helping them to cool off and make the breeze coming through the windows more effective!

That wasn't the only incident to occur with the hose. One of our neighbors was a rather large but very nice lady. She would frequently take the bus and would always get on and off at the stop in front of our house. One day, after getting off the bus she started to tease me. I was playing with the hose at the time and I decided to turn the hose on her for her insolence. As she was a big lady she could move very fast which prolonged her escape as well as making it easy for me to focus the entire spray of the hose on her massive body.



I must have known that I was in trouble because I ran to my room and hid. I heard the doorbell ring and my mom answered. I could hear her voice talking to my mom. She was a very nice lady and she said that she had asked for it by teasing me. Phewww!

2 comments: